Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Eggplant



Last Saturday, I went back to the Grandin Village Market and found some good looking eggplants available from Patchwork Farms, located in Floyd, VA.  Their produce is Certified Naturally Grown, which means an independent group confirms that the farm utilizes certain standards of organic practices.  They also had kohlrabi, but I didn't know what to do with it, so I skipped it.  The farm can be found on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patchwork-Farm/242636842582772.

I used the produce to make Eggplant & Breadcrumb Fettuccine from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's new book, Isa Does It, which is available for check out through Roanoke's library system at rvl.info.

It is my new favorite cookbook.


Fried Eggplant and Bread Crumbs


Then, paired with fettuccine and a garlicky tomato sauce.

An easy and delicious weeknight kind of dinner, especially if you already have prepared pasta sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment