Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

China Wok

China Wok Restaurant
4821 Williamson Rd.
Roanoke, VA  24012
540-362-2266



China Wok is located next to Walgreen's on the corner of Hershberger Road and Williamson Road. I think it is the best Chinese restaurant I have tried in Roanoke, so far.  I have been coming here a lot of years and there are many vegan-friendly options to choose from.  My favorite is the Ma Po Bean Curd.  The last time I visited, I tried the Fried Bean Curd with Garlic Sauce.  It tastes similar to sweet and sour (which does not have a vegan menu option).

Fried Bean Curd with Garlic Sauce, Rice, and a Fortune Cookie

You get a lot of food and it costs less than $7, which is great deal.

To the best of my knowledge, possible vegan choices include:
  • Vegetable Soup
  • Vegetable Chow Mein
  • Vegetable Chop Suey
  • Vegetable Fried Rice
  • Moo Shi Vegetable
  • Sauteed Mixed Vegetables
  • Ma Po Bean Curd
  • Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
  • Fried Bean Curd with Garlic Sauce

The fortune cookies are also vegan.  You may have to ask for things to not have eggs.  And beware of the lo mein because they use egg noodles.

I can't wait to go back.

Hours of Operation:

Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday:  11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday:  12:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment