Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Homegrown Rosemary

Rosemary
Rosemary is considered a perennial in the Roanoke area (which is considered plant growing zone 7).  It grows in full sun, stays green year round, and was growing in my mother's garden when I visited last weekend.  And according to Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs, an old wive's tale says a vigorously growing rosemary bush in a home garden means the woman is the head of the household.

I used it to make the Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Isa Does It cookbook.  The recipe can also be found on her website at the following link:

http://www.theppk.com/2013/10/rosemary-chocolate-chip-cookies-video/



It calls for 2T of rosemary, but I didn't clip enough, so I had to halve  the recipe, unfortunately.


Mix it into the coconut butter.



And it makes for an unusual, buttery cookie that you will be glad you tried.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are the lucky person to make the first comment on my blog. Thanks!

      Delete